Saturday, October 5, 2013

Eagles vs Giants Previewing the Division Showdown

The Eagles are 1-3. Yes that looks like a terrible record but news flash (If you haven't heard yet this week) the Eagles can finish the week end in first place if two things happen. First the Eagles dismantle a 0-4 New York Giants football team that can't stop a tortoise and a offense that can't score. Plus the other thing that has to happen is that team in Dallas has to lose to the Denver Broncos.....I think that is a easy task and will be unacceptable if they cannot get it going this week. With the offense playing some good football, I want to focus more on what the Eagles defense needs to do in order to pull out a win vs the G-Men. First obviously we need better secondary play, now with the personnel we have I just don't think that is a option, let me re-phrase that, I don't think we have the personnel to be a stellar shut down secondary but solid is a option. I have said this many times recently that the success of the defense will solely run through Earl Wolff. The safeties have been pathetic but lets not let the pass rush off the hook either. The Eagles have not generated any sort of a pass rush which allows QBs (Peyton Manning for example) to sit back in the pocket and deliver big time throws against that secondary of ours. For the pass rush, to me it is because of the scheme not the players that we aren't succeeding. The 3-4 pushes Barwin and Cole into coverage the majority of the time and Vinny Curry.....don't get me started they need to PLAY THIS KID! Anyway here is my rant of the week. I am starting to believe Chip Kelly is a liar. The system isn't the fastest it is actually around third, he went out and got two big time tight ends and has barley used any of them even though Riley Cooper has played like absolute garbage. Desean Jackson was supposed to punt return but Damaris Johnson has done it all, speaking of Damaris wasn't he the "Perfect Chip Kelly Player" along with James Casey who combined have probably like 7 offensive snaps correct? I am starting to think the philosophy of the offense and how it is supposed to be run isn't being put into place...in other terms it is all talk. Alright there as my rant of the week. Anyway I think this is a perfect opportunity to get back in the division race, Lesean McCoy and Michael Vick will have huge games and the defense will do enough to get a 27-20 victory in a late stop against Eli and those boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment